Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's raining mercy

Bismillah.
Assalamualaikum warahmatullah,

I was reading a paragraph from Dalai'l Khayrat this morning. "O Allah, praise Muhammad as many times as they are drops of rain." Oh what is life without our beloved Prophet s.a.w?

Anyway, that reminded me of what I wanted to write about today - rain, my mother and Edinburgh. Just some random thoughts for you.

Every now and then I reminisce the precious moments with my mother in Scotland circa 2005/2006. Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah for the lovely experience. I remembered she has a photo in Edinburgh, in the rain. Actually I have been thinking about Edinburgh lately, since I noticed the blog receives quite a number of visits from that beautiful city. Welcome to Lisan al-Din!

It's a wonderful day. By Allah, as I was walking to work this morning, I could hear one of my gurus making du'a for me. I felt it. Alhamdulillah. "In the realm of spirit, there is no distance." That's what Almarhum Shaykh Ibrahim al-Battawi said. I believe him.

May it rain mercy on all of us who connect ourselves in spirit with Prophet Muhammad s.a.w, with our gurus, with all the mashaikh past and present, with our mothers, with our spiritual friends in faith, all!


That's my mother Mazenah, in Edinburgh.
May Allah shower His mercy on her forever. 
May Allah give her a long healthy life and let her reach a virtuous end
- my mother and all mothers out there.
Ameen

No comments:

Post a Comment