Friday, June 25, 2010

The love of Rabia

Bismillah.

O son, yesterday, a sister quoted an account of Rabiatul Adawiyah and that put a big smile on my face as it is my favorite quote of Rabia, EVER!

It goes like this:
Salih Qazwani always taught his disciples:
“Who knocks at the door of someone constantly,
one day the door must be opened to him.”
Rabi’a one day heard it and said:
“Salih, how long will you go on preaching thus,
using the future tense, saying ‘will be opened’?
Was the door ever closed? It was ever open.”

For the sake of Allah, I love Rabia very much and believe that her holy spirits could lend plenty of baraka, inspirations and spiritual intuitions, bi-iznillah. As far as I am concerned Rabia is 'alive'. I say that because one lady told a close friend of mine that my words reminded her of Rabia. MashaAllah, Tabarakallah! It was the most undeserving comment I ever got, wallahi!

But that is beside the point. Alhamdulillah it shows that one's love and adoration for Rabia makes her alive in one's heart and soul. Except for the blessed women of the Prophet's family, no one can be compared to Rabia's gnosis or piety. No one!
 
All I am saying is, love can do wonders! Love her and she will be 'alive' with you!
 
So I pray with the baraka of Rabiatul Adawiyah that the sister who quoted that wonderful exchange between Rabia and Salih Qazwani would be given the tawfik she needed to wear hijab. I humbly ask that all of you lady visitors pray for her and all women wishing to wear hijab but needed a little bit of motivation. For indeed, as she has quoted to me: "A faithful believer to a faithful believer is like the bricks of a wall, enforcing each other."
 
May Allah continue to protect and guide us all believing women. Ameen Allahumma Ameen.
 
With much love,
Ezza
La hawla wala quwwata illah billahil 'Aliyil 'Azim
 

5 comments:

  1. Indeed ukhti Ezza, it is true when you love someone, somehow, you will feel his/her presence with you. Therefor, it is important to love the Arif billa and those who will lead us to Allah and Rasulullah saw.

    Alhamdulillah wa Syukrulillah ukhti, Allah has lead me to this blog of yours and inspires me through your writings to know more about Him, His Beloved Messenger, Rasulullah saw and the Auliya', the Sufis and Arif Billa Rahimahu Allahu Ta'ala.

    May all of us be like the bricks of the wall, enforcing each other towards Allahu Ahad.

    Again, Syukran..
    Fa from Singapore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed Ukhti Ezza, it is true that alHubb (love) to the Arif Billa makes you feel that they are 'alive' with you.

    Alhamdulillah wa Syukrulillah, as it is Allah's Guidance to lead me to this humble blog of yours. I have been inspired by your writings.

    May we become like the bricks of a wall, enforcing each other towards Him and Sayyidina Rasulullah saw.

    Jazakillah Khairan Jaza'.

    Specially for you, Uhkti, Qassedah Burdah from Imam Al-Busairi Rahimaullah Ta'ala towards our Beloved Sayyidina Muhammad saw.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_YIU3egTEA

    Fa, Singapore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam Fa,
    Thank you for the kind words. Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah. I was at the weekly Naqshbandi majlis zikr tonight and while I was driving home, I kept thinking, actually I was doubting myself...I was worried that I have been 'talking' too much on this blog, that I have used so many "I"s. I this, I that. I seek refuge in Allah from the evils of my ego.

    When I got home, got online only to see such soothing words of encouragement from you. So thank you very much dear! Indeed, we are nothing without the du'a and baraka from our parents, our gurus, the shuyukh and habaib, bi-iznillah.
    Jazakillah.
    Yours sincerely,
    Ezza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ws Wr Ukhti Ezza,

    There is no sirr for Him towards all His makhluq.May Allah always guide us all and make every word, action and our silence under His Redha.
    Amin!

    Renewing niyah Lillah is one of the way, inshaAllah.

    Jazakillah Ukhti Ezza. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beutiful..Thank you.
    And Allah only knows what awlia and awliyat are alive amongst us. That old lady at the masjid quietly glorifying her Lord, the poor man sweeping trash off the street, the dignified mother struggling to raise a righteous family in a modern world that does not make it easy, the noble husband who weeps at night asking Allah for hidaya...Though I believe they are much rarer, they do of course exist...may Allah help us to meet them, learn from them and honor them as they deserve....
    fee aman Allah

    ReplyDelete