Friday, August 6, 2010

How deep is your love?

Bismillah.

O son, when I am happy I sing my favorite love song. It's called 'How deep is your love?'

Tonight I am delighted to be able to attend our weekly zikr gathering. Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah. I have been missing it for like six weeks! A friend thought I went to London to see the Queen!

It was a special night for many reasons. Shaykh Bahauddin al-Haqqani, the son of Mawlana Shaykh Nazim was present. Our dearest Shaykh Raja was there, after two weeks of absence. Shaykh Baba Aziz was there too. Nice to see Baba in Naqshbandi taj for a change. And it was our last gathering before Ramadhan.

The best part of our loud zikr to me is always the part when we recite His Names, especially when we call out Allah...Allah. Amidst the unending and deafening  noise of this mad dunya, when we call out Allah...Allah loudly together, in sync, it's like telling God, 'Look Allah, there is a small group of people who remember you, calling out to you, asking for your attention and wanting your response. Aren't you going to shower us with your mercy? Aren't you going to take pity on us? Subhanallah!'

It soothes the heart that despite the hectic life we live, we all care to pause for a while in order to honor Him. And it soothes many hearts that a prince no matter how busy he is and how important his worldly commitments are, he takes the time to come be with us and lead the weekly zikir. He is HRH Shaykh Raja Ashman.

Shaykh Bahauddin al-Haqqani said: "Shaykh Raja is indeed a very special man. He has been following Mawlana Shaykh Nazim for about 25 years now. Despite being a prince, he is very humble. In his heart he is always the same man Mawlana knows him to be so that everytime Shaykh Raja visits Mawlana, Mawlana would say, 'Oh you are the same man.' Mawlana has a special regard towards Malaysia and the Naqshbandi jemaah in this country because of him. In fact, Malaysia is blessed by his presence."

Tonight, I told him, 'Shaykh, I missed you!' and he gave me a sweet charming smile which made me so happy that I sang a love song all the way home.

"I know your eyes in the morning sun
I feel you touch me in the pouring rain
And the moment that you wander far from me
I wanna feel you in my arms again

Na...na....na...na...na...
I believe in you
You know the door to my very soul
You're the light in my deepest darkest hour
You're my savior when I fall...."

Shaykh, I said I missed you but now I will say the other three words - I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment