Sunday, September 5, 2010

26th Ramadhan 1431 Hijri

Bismillah.

Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah. We plan, Allah too plans and He is the best planner. I was actually planning to come home on 2nd Shawal but here I am, at home in Penang - a world heritage city. Somehow, my two weeks leave got approved. Unbelieveable but needless to say I am grateful. Allah Kareem.

O son, know that this home was built to fulfill the request of my late father. He had ordered me while on his death-bed, 'go ahead build a new home for your mother.' He had given me a plot of land and I was to construct a house. I was 25 years old then. I was very naughty while in my 20s but I tried my best to please my beloved parents InshaAllah. I can safely say that the house was built on love, bi-iznillah. And I think my love shines through because it has won plenty of praises although it's just a plain house and it has quite a number of flaws. May Allah acknowledge this little deed of mine.

"The angels are keeping watch over your outer selves (zawahir), while the Lord of Truth is keeping watch over your inner beings (bawatin). O you who build castles and palaces, while your life is spent on the cultivation of this world! Do not build anything without a righteous intention (niyya saliha), for the foundation on which one builds in this world must be righteous intention. You must not build with your lower self (nafs) and your passions (hawa)."
- Shaykh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani, Ramadhan 545 AH.


p/s When our house had just completed, my mom dreamed of my late father showing the house around to one gorgeous houri! And recently my elder sister saw him in her dream, he looked handsome standing in front of some very beautiful curtains. May Allah bless his soul eternally - Ismail, a great father with a great name.

No comments:

Post a Comment