Friday, November 12, 2010

You are my goal and my glory


Bismillah.

Allahumma salli ala Sayyidina Muhammad
"O Allah,
In my poverty towards You,
make me rich beyond need of any thing sought,
and accompany me with Your richness
beyond need of any thing desired.

You are my goal and my glory;
to You the returning and the ultimate end.
You comfort and mend the broken.
and You shatter the tyrants;
You take the fearful under Your wing;
and You put fear into the oppressors.
Yours is the Most Sublime Glory.
Glory be to You,
there is no god but You;
You are my reckoner and the best Trustee."

Shaykh Muhyiddin Ibn Al-Arabi
- Excerpts from Friday Eve Prayer in 'The Seven Days of the Heart'
Translator: Pablo Benieto and Stephen Hirtenstein
Credit: Anqa Publishing
Calligrapher: syedmaaz.blogspot.com

JUMAAH MUBARRAK!

2 comments:

  1. Allah bless you lots my dear Ezza!
    I prayed hard for you last night.

    Juma Mubarak - may this Friday be a blessed one for you.

    Lots of love
    R. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam dearest R,
    I am speechless...thank you for your kind thoughts. May Allah reward your generosity manifold.
    Love love love
    Ezza

    ReplyDelete