Saturday, September 10, 2011

12th Syawal - my Father's Day


Bismillah.

Sixteen years ago, on this day, the 12th of Syawal, my Ismail, my beloved father, passed on to the realm of barzakh. I was by his side. Alhamdulillah.

About five hours before his last breath, his weak hands scribbled these words on an Eid greeting card: "I am being called to Rahmatullah." A couple of hours later he wrote again: "Second calling to Rahmatullah" and not long after, he left us.

His last words to me:
"You will be fine!"

Al Fatihah
Allahyarham Ismail
(1935 - 1995)


A grateful daughter

6 comments:

  1. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raja'un!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.
    إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

    Thank you sister, for the kind gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll second that, inshallah I will pray for your father. He was right though! You will be fine. One day we will all have to go back, everytime you feel yourself thinking about this departure, consider your ownself departing, it ceases the sadness and prompts action! x R x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My interactions with several muallaf (Muslim converts) recently made me grateful for things that many of us born-Mulsims tend to take for granted.
    Alhamdulillah, it puts a smile on my face that my late father was a Muslim and he had a special name : )

    - a proud بنت Ismail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, R, for your prayers.
    Jazakillahu khairan kathira!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to let you know, I prayed Surah Yasin for your dad, hope it will bring a smile to your face. May Allah swt grant him ease in his grave.

    R.x
    P.s. No need to thank, my pleasure :)

    ReplyDelete