Monday, July 2, 2012

Striving for sincerity | A personal plea

Bismillah.

Dhun Nun al-Misri said:
"There are three signs of sincerity:
one sees praise and blame from men as being equal;
one loses the awareness of doing good works while doing them,
and one forgets the claim to reward in the afterlife for good works."

Dear respected readers, I ask for a small favor, that is for your understanding that I cannot afford to please and entertain everyone who approaches me via this blog.

I ask for your empathy. I have recently had to declare my age just so that young men would refrain from writing in unnecessarily. I am not here looking for a spouse. I am here to do some good works to replace my bad deeds bi-iznillah.

In all instances, I try to be polite and accommodating, InshaAllah. But if all you expect is all things sweet then I am sorry. I am only human. I try to speak my mind and heart most of the time InshaAllah. More importantly, as Muslims let's offer one another good counsel even if it is bitter to the ear.

I am sure you would agree with me that true friendships are those that withstand the test of time and unpleasant circumstances. May Allah bless all the people who offer us sincere friendship, those who see praise and blame as equal, simply because we care for each other. 

Thank you.

E
(needing some space and understanding)


2 comments:

  1. assalamualaikum
    pl post if there is a sheikh coming to baalawi kl for its quite difficult to know their gatherings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa'alaykumussalam,
    Will do InshaAllah.
    Pls also visit www.baalawi-kl.com
    Thanks
    E

    ReplyDelete