Friday, July 6, 2012

Windows on life



Bismillah

Oh...the scene He exhibits on the windows of our lives. SubhanAllah.

Can you spot the moon? That's Sha'aban moon still about full since it is 15th or 16th Sha'aban 1433 Hijri (depending on your calendar).

It's a view taken during Ishraq this Friday morning, from my living room window in Kuala Lumpur. The tallest structure near the middle is KLCC, the twin towers which appear to lose its other half because I live parallel to them. One of the buildings to the extreme right is where I earn my living, Alhamdulillah. Because I work there I can live here where I live, for the time being. Must emphasize 'for the time being' because life takes us from one 'window' to another. 

About 7 years ago, I used to while away my time looking out a window on Allanvale Road in Scotland. The view from that window was a complete contrast to the above picture. Allan Water (a river) flowed from left to right. It was cold most of the time. Birds adorned the view throughout the beautiful seasons, amidst the changing colors.

It gives me a peaceful feeling, gazing at the solitary white moon floating above the pretty, blue, morning skies, Alhamdulillah. I think we can learn something from the moon here. 

The view from the windows of our lives changes ever so quickly, situations come and go, characters come and go because that's the nature of created beings (i.e muhaddas). But we have to strive to be constant in our faith in Him who has created us from nothing and now here we are. Almost like the moon appearing to be waxing and waning like now you see, now you don't. But the fact is that it's always there in His Divine Knowledge, always there. And so are we. We have always been there in His Divine Knowledge although we only appear to experience our existence just about now.

And Allah knows best. Jumaah Mubarrak!

p/s Tomorrow 7th July, there will be:
- Istighasah Al-Kubra at Masjid Sultan Salahuddin @ Shah Alam from 4 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Tahlil 100-days for Almarhum Shaykh Raja Ashman ibni Sultan Azlan Shah @ Kuala Kangsar, from Maghrib onwards.
InshaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment