Thursday, December 5, 2013

In the moment

Bismillah.

Fifth of December is the birthday of a good ol' friend I treasure. This person had given me a good number of books on Sufism which enlightened me in more ways than one. This person wrote on a book which was bought for my 30-something birthday: "Time and space is of no consequences to the one living in the moment."

How true. 

Still, some people like to ask, "Why did you do that?" And people who are very interested in other people's past would say: "Oh, he/she did this, did that." They are natural historians -- self-appointed historians they are. They keep records concerning other people.

I think to truly live in the moment, one must die or completely detach oneself from the moment that has just passed. It's not that easy sometimes but that's what it is. It's all about catching the beauty of the present moment so that anything and everything that has just passed is just passe. [for the benefit of my niece/nephew, pronounce the word passe like pass-say]

I know the pronunciation may sound kinda stylish but it means just the opposite. It means outdated or obsolete.

We learned a bit about Lady Gaga's song the other day heh...heh. Below is a haphazard quote from 'One moment in time' by the late Whitney Houston. Something to remind me and you.

"Each day I live
I want to be
a day to give
the best of me"

"You're a winner
for a lifetime
if you seize that one moment in time
make it shine"

And folks, remember to ____


: )

No comments:

Post a Comment