Saturday, November 2, 2013

My beloved GW

Bismillah.

No, GW is not my latest boyfriend LOL. It's not Mr. Ghulam Wahid LOL. Not Mr. George Washington [though I wish I had a Caucasian beau LOL.]

It stands for Good Works. Am just trying to be majnun about GW, attempting to occupy the heart, mind and limbs with good works. Why? 

"One day Shaqiq al-Balkhi asked Hatim al-Assam: 'You have kept my company for 30 years; what have you gained in the course of these years?' Hatim replied: 'I have gained 8 benefits from the knowledge which is sufficient for me. I hope my salvation and safety are embodied in them.' Shaqiq asked Hatim to mention them. Hatim al-Assam said:

[We're quoting only 1 out of the 8. Credit: Sunniforum.com]

'The first benefit is that I observed the creation and saw that everyone had loved one, and one passionately desired whom he loved and longed for. Some of the beloved accompany the lover up to the brink of sickness and death and others to the gate of graveyard. All of them return and leave him there alone. No one goes into the tomb with him. I looked into the matter and said to myself: 'The best beloved is that which would enter the tomb with the lover to console him.' I found it to be nothing else than good works, so I took this as my beloved, to illuminate my grave for me and to comfort me in it and not leave me alone."

So even if you are married, marry another one. Let's get married to Mr. or Ms. GW. Let's be madly in love with Mr./Ms. GW. Let's be very attached to GW. Be head over heels for GW. Let's be majnun about GW.

If you are a male think of it as a Gorgeous Woman.
If you are a female think of it as a Good-looking Wooer.

Heh heh...have a pleasant weekend y'all.  


p/s 
For the benefit of my young niece H.E who reads this blog quite often. 
Wooer is a noun. Woo is a verb meaning to try to make someone love you/have a romantic relationship with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment