Friday, August 29, 2014

Hong Kong - one traveller is loving it!

Bismillah.

Was in the cab, thought for a sec - that looked like Penang Bridge, almost, but nay, it's Hong Kong people! Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah.


And then a much respected friend from Cape Town popped in virtually to say hi and that I was missed, that Shaykh Seraj Hendricks was looking at some pages of this blog. MashaAllah. It's very soothing indeed to hear that : )

Hong Kong is going to be greaaat - I said to myself. And this is the view from my room. Subhanallah!


At the nearby Kowloon mosque, I met sister Bibi Jal, 65, who has been living in HK for 20 years already. She is the only lady-cleaner at the mosque. Five men are in charge of the male section. According to Bibi Jal, there are three imams at the mosque; Mufti Arshad and Mufti Shuib, both from Pakistan and Imam Shuib Abdul Rahman from India and Brother Ali Shah is the mosque's supervisor. May Allah bless them all. They have got a respectable profession indeed.

Kowloon Mosque on Nathan Road
nestled in a buzzing shopping district - Tsim Sha Tsui

Maghrib at Kowloon Mosque

Blessed to have Bibi Jal say a prayer for this faqir.

Oh someone is singing John Lennon's song Imagine at the hotel's lobby as I type this: "You may say I am a dreamer...but I am not the only one..."

A dreamer in Hong Kong


No comments:

Post a Comment