Monday, September 22, 2014

Hereafter mindset | Make the world come after you

Bismillah.

Oh my God! I am one of those who wake up in the morning and think of getting into the shower and what to wear today. That's my first thought. Astaghfirullah.

Again, from Dr. Jasser Auda's book I learned something new. It's also a very important trick if you want the world to come to you. How about that?

But it takes serious diligent training or re-framing of one's mindset - mine as I am guilty as can be.

Quoting from the book 'A Journey to God', in the Twentieth Step, the author quotes a hadith where the Prophet salallah alaihi wasalam said: "...Whoever gets up and is mostly concerned about the Hereafter, God will cause him to feel focused and content, and will give him a feeling of being independent, and worldly gains will definitely come to him."

Dr. Jasser Auda further explains: "When you open your eyes in the morning, ask yourself: What is the first thing that comes to my mind? What is my goal? Is it the Hereafter? Is it about God? If this is the case, God will grant you contentment and cause this worldly life to come to you despite your indifference to it."

In the first part of the hadith quoted above, the Prophet salallah alaihi wasalam said: "Whoever wakes up and this world is his main concern, God will make him shattered and scattered and he will feel a sense of panic and loss, and he will get nothing except that which was already decreed for him."  

O people, go get the book by Awakening Publications. It costs only RM69. I got it from where else - Kinokuniya KLCC. Am sure you'll find it mind-awakening. Am writing this with niyyat so that people will benefit from at least this one positive posting showing people to goodness. Because I am weak, I need easy bonus reward such as this bi iznillah.

It could be that the residents of that pretty house with a blue roof
wake up with a more correct mindset
than those living in that tall condo

No comments:

Post a Comment