Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A special trip home -- A special day -- 19 May 2015

Bismillah.

Praise be to Allah that almost all of the trips we take are happy trips. Alhamdulillah.

Was in Penang last week and here I am again as God has willed it. I did not plan this trip which has turned out to be a very historic, meaningful and surreal trip.

Found this on a friend's FB:
'You know how it is. 
Sometimes we plan a trip to one place, 
but something takes us to another.' 
- Mawlana Rumi

Am writing by the roadside, at one of Penang's famous street vendor, waiting for the nasi tomato (Tomato Rice) to be ready, at 5 pm. Yes Penangites are heavy rice eater, we eat rice for breakfast, lunch, tea-time, dinner and supper. That is why we are 'wholesome' people and we are 'well-rounded' heh heh...

Blogging on the run

Nasi Tomato

The 19th of May 2015 is indeed a special date for me, for reasons I cannot disclose here. But I must put it on record so that five or ten years down the road, I could look back and count my blessings. 

May is also a special month because it is the birth month of my late father : )

May Allah bless our families and bless each generous soul. May Allah make us belong with people who understand and accept the role the Lord wants us to play and may we belong with those who graciously accept His decree.

Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah.


No comments:

Post a Comment