Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Ramadan Kareem 1436 Hijri/2015

Image result for ramadan kareem


Bismillah.

It strikes me, as I was walking alone to the mosque. There are times when we are a 'party of five' or 'a party of three' and be merry, there are times when we have to walk alone. We all know that we are all going to walk alone in the final journey and the party of five or the party of three shall dismiss eventually. 

But then I realize, hey we are not walking alone after all. We are all walking with amal - our best buddy. This buddy will accompany us when all others will flee.

This blessed month of Ramadan, even when we are among people, remember that invisible travel mate, let's try to always walk with amal. Of course we are talking about good amal, our good buddy.

May Allah grant us the tawfiq to seize the bounties of Ramadan.

_____

Oh let us all pause and make a special prayer to all doctors out there. When they were young, these people had spent a lot more time studying as compared to the majority of us. They have had to sacrifice plenty of leisure time so that they could one day be the one we all depend on at the time of medical crisis. My small brain cannot imagine the kind of training doctors had gone through that they are able to make two dislocated and twisted bones go back to their original positions. May Allah bless Dr. R immensely for fixing my mother's bones on her right hand - the hand that bathed me when I was small, the hand that fed me, the hand that cooks for decades not just for me and the family but for my friends too, [some of you know how good her cooking is!], in fact she was getting ready to cook for our guests when the mishap occurred. God bless the hands that unite hearts, the hands that have made so many people happy, the tireless hands of a mother. May Allah give us the tawfiq to honor our mothers, not for as long as they live, but for as long as we live.

Ramadan Kareem!


God bless my mother whose hands
have made countless flower arrangements for our home;
the hands that flavor everything with love!

1 comment: