Sunday, October 25, 2015

Heavenly Gifts

Bismillah.

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah my dearest genuine loyal readers,

Your blogger friend, Miss Eza is extremely tired. She has been having a super-packed and mentally challenging week. Just got back at her hotel, legs cramped etc. but then she saw an unexpected message from one long time loyal reader Sister Zaleha. MashaAllah tabarakallah

My dear Sister Zaleha, I will make a special prayer for you at this intensive majlis taálim I've been attending InshaAllah. [I have already made duá for all other close buddies/visitors - you know who you are.]

I'm gathering whatever energy that's left, to post this shout-out just because of you, ma dear sister.


   

It's been quite a while since I fell in love at first sight with a masjid. The first time was in 1997 when I first saw the spectacular Masjid Nabawi in Madinah. The grandeur of the blessed mosque took my breath away as I stepped down from the bus, stepped onto the sacred land and looked up at the imposing beauty. It was a serene breezy night. The wind was cold. It was 2 o'çlock in the morning.

Yesterday was the third time (maybe fourth) that I fell in love at first sight with a fair beauty. Would be wonderful to own a home near this masjid - Masjid Hussain.

Part 2:
Hi again, folks. It's almost midnight. Am back from the masjid feeling super-blessed and super-elated because I have successfully completed an intensive class on As-Syamail Al-Muhammadiah. Sat underneath those pretty chandeliers for two and a half days and listened to Shaykh Mohammed Abu Bakr Daniel read out all 399 hadith in the kitab compiled by Imam Tirmizi. In addition to ijazah for the As-Syamail, the generous shaykh also granted ijazah for Al-Musalsalat Al-Asharat. [Hope I got the terms right]. It was my first experience being given "ijazah" for using tasbih, handshake (yes handshake or musafaha); mushabaka (two people joining their palms together); eating tamar and drinking water; Surah Fatihah and the duá Prophet taught Muadz bin Jabal, among others.

Guess what? We ladies got to act out these traditions from the Shaykh's wife who is a shaykha herself! We shook her hand, took a tasbih and did the mushabaka with the blessed woman. MashaAllah!

Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah by the grace of Allah, with that I have officially become a student of Cordoba Academy founded by both Shaykh Mohammed Abu Bakr Daniel and his learned wife.

Will post a pic of my cert soon InshaAllah. Shaykha wrote it herself, mind you. I am shaykha-struck, pardon me because I have never met a woman-scholar before. She travels extensively together with Shaykh Daniel and has studied with 250 shuyukh! MashaAllah tabarakallah. Yet, she was so unassuming and approachable.

***

I am deeply humbled, the fact that Allah has given me a second chance at reading the As-Syamail. The first attempt in April 2013 did not count because it was organized in too large a class, I couldn't remember anything significant and we did not complete it properly. Since then, the book was left idle and hopeless on my shelf.

This two-and-a-half day intensive class on the As-Syamail was special because the class was not too big so we could understand the shaykh's words pretty well. Shaykh Daniel spoke clearly and at times, fast, as it's typical of muhaddithin. His lecture was interspersed with good advice and examples. And a bit of British humor! LOL.

Alfu alfu Alhamdulillah for the opportunity. I would not trade it for the world. It goes to show, if Allah wishes to honor us, it will come to be. Never mind those people who try to bring us down.

Oh one point I noted from the As-Syamail. The universal definition of an ideal man being "tall, dark and handsome" may not be applicable anymore because the Prophet salallah alaihi wasalam, yaqni the most beautiful creation of Allah was described as "fair, handsome and of medium height."
: )

Anyways, I'll write about the beautiful Masjid Hussain where the dawra was held, more about my wonderful ijazah experiences and more takeaways from the As-Syamail  in future postings InshaAllah.


Heavenly gifts. Alhamdulillah.
Proclaim the bounties of your Lord!
That's Shaykha's writing on my kitab
and she wrote my name on the cert : )
Wouldn't trade these for the world.
Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah





No comments:

Post a Comment