Saturday, January 2, 2016

Drive, park and cycle | When a Penangite explores Penang

Bismillah.

Hi folks.

I was up early despite feeling tired from last night's "party" and went cycling around my hometown George Town. It was so much fun. Now I have to get some rest before the next "adventure" this evening.

Guess which one is my bike?
[I am a billionaire in the making. LOL]
When you discover a neat bookshop, it changes everything.
Then we made a pit stop here to eat Apom Telur 
Indian pancakes with egg.
And swing by my mom's fave grocer to
buy habbatus sauda and papadam (Indian crackers).
I have got Indian blood, yes.
And found a flyer on Penang's Grand Mawlid
that's taking place tonight at Masjid Kapitan Keling.
Seriously,
we have to approach things step by step.
People dispersing after a mawlid event at a shop.
They were chanting pretty loud so I went to check them out.
I work in the same industry as this guy
- telecommunications and
he seems to be a diversified business person too.
That's it. Returned the bikes and headed home.

Oh, we also discovered a unique peaceful spot [tempat aman damai]. It's located right next to a historic maqam.




Okay folks, that's all, and I praise my Lord for keeping us safe during the outing. I was at first worried about cycling on the busy streets of Penang but we had jolly good fun overall. And the best catch was a superb book about books publishing. Where? Here:




Reading is a good habit, no doubt. Be like this gentleman. While waiting for his customers, he reads. He sells mee goreng mamak [Fried noodle with an Indian twist]. Cost RM3 only. That's very cheap! Only in Penang y'all.




Alhamdulillahi hamdan yuwafi ni'amahu
wa yukafi u mazidah


No comments:

Post a Comment