Sunday, February 14, 2016

In love with the mind?

Bismillah.

May peace be upon you.

Finally I've got some time to write because my griller is broken. LOL. Yup, been cooking and entertaining so much, the griller gave up on me. They say the way to a person's heart is through the stomach.

But if you and I are one the same wavelength, then you too might agree with Shakespeare: 
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind." 

Needless to say, Shakespeare would be more attracted to his date's intelligence than her physical beauty or if she could cook Michelin-starred kinda meal. LOL.

Then again, we all have our own definition of love because at the end of the day, the heart of the matter is a matter of the heart.

Ah yes, if I may half-quote Nayyirah Waheed, the author of Salt: 
"As a writer,
if someone falls in love with my work.
I know they have fallen in love
with my mind...."

: )

Have a pleasant and productive week, folks. Meantime, keep love in your heart.

Oh you single ladies out there, don't fret. Having a man in the house is not everything. No point being married for decades and having a man in your house, if you're not in his heart. Worse still, if his heart roams outside the house, even if the body is stationary inside. LOL.

"Look not for love that is enveloped in skin, for you would never find a formless substance imprisoned. Look for it in the air, perchance you shall convene, there." - Eza

Gosh, that's my lame attempt at trying to sound like Shakespeare.
LOL.


   

   Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment