Friday, March 25, 2016

Berkat Madinah - Malaysia's Popular Sunnah Food Store

Bismillah.

It was a wonderful experience being at Berkat Madinah in KL. My mother has been campaigning about this store to me for months on end but I didn't get a chance to go until last weekend. I was there for the first time and got to interview the owner's son - Dr Hamdi Ibrahim Abozeed and his brother Ali Ibrahim Abozeed. Lucky me. Alhamdulillah.

I think I speak for many when I say going to Berkat Madinah feels like going to a grocer in Madinah or Makkah. The ambience lifts one's mood instantly as the eyes feast on the wide selection of dates, bright pink pomegranates, pretty pastries, the freshest of meats and rows of yogurt.

I was surprised to learn that Berkat Madinah is owned by a doctor (a dentist) and that the owner's son who is also a medical doctor runs the store. Dr Ibrahim Abozeed the owner, first came to Malaysia in 2006. Four years later, his entire family migrated to KL and opened Berkat Madinah in the same year. Six years on, Berkat Madinah wins the hearts of both locals and Muslim ex-pats. Two more branches were launched last year.     



Alhamdulillah, the Sunnah Food Campaign Video Competition team was able to put together this video pretty quickly.  I invite you to click play and virtually step into Berkat Madinah and be proud of our brothers.
                                                                                                                                                                 



Check out Berkat Madinah's FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/BerkatMadinah/?fref=ts




No comments:

Post a Comment