Monday, January 9, 2017

Hold on to that crown

Bismillah.

Good evening to you loyal readers who keep coming back hoping to see me show up LOL.

Yes, I've decided to show up every day InshaAllah even if I have to write a posting from a phone. Even if all I could say is Alhamdulillah!

Anyway, here's a reminder to us all. It's a saying by the venerable Imam Shafie:
"Health is a crown that the healthy wear on their heads, only the sick people can see the crown."

Yes and yet how many of us take, the blessings of good health, for granted?

Oftentimes as we get caught in the daily grind perhaps chasing after something that we don't really need, or that we have enough already, we take for granted of the invisible crown above our head. Let's be grateful for the crown of health. Let's be more grateful of it today than yesterday and repeat tomorrow.

If I recalled correctly it's said that the two blessings that most people tend to ignore until it's a little too late are the blessings of good health and having free time.

Until tomorrow,
Good night from KL.

-E-




p/s
I humbly ask for your du'a for my uncle who is ill. I'm humbled that each time I parted with him, he would say "thank you" even though I have not done much favor for him. And in fact, the reverse is true.


No comments:

Post a Comment