Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Make time for Quran

Bismillah.

Quoted from: Islamic Online Univ Twitter

I just needed to have this important reminder here.

Last night was my 12th private Quran lesson, Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah. I think the best thing I did in 2016 was to start this private Quran lesson.

No doubt, the ustaz gets paid for it, but the fact is that his effort is priceless. Imagine how Allah moved his heart to accept the offer and moved his limbs to travel quite a distance to come to my place twice a week. Imagine the pahala (rewards) he gets for each mile he traveled. I reckon he gets more rewards from the session than me, the student, am pretty sure of that. Each week he has to adjust his schedule to accommodate his students just because everybody cannot seem to stick to the agreed-upon days. So at the start of the week, he would diligently follow up with all his students, fixing the lesson slots for everybody. MashaAllah.

Sometimes, this super-lazy-me wished I could have class every day just so that I would read the Quran every single day. But of course, that's not feasible. There's just so much that he (our guide/people) could do to help me (us). We have to do a lot more on our own.

I know my ustaz must be very sincere in teaching, yes I know, because last night when I was awakened in the middle of the night, my tongue instantly and voluntarily pronounced tha, za zo and dho! Because he told me the night before that I had the tendency to mispronounce those letters, that the makhraj need to be perfect, not just good but perfect! So what happened was, my tongue magically, consciously or unconsciously practised the pronunciation of those letters repeatedly the moment I was awakened in the middle of the night! LOL. On a serious note, I think only a truly sincere teacher could impart knowledge onto a person's soul. Sincere teaching hits deeper.   

May Allah grant us the tawfiq to read the Quran on a daily basis. May Allah make it easy for us to prioritise our daily activities in the way that's pleasing to Him. Amin Ya Rabb.


No comments:

Post a Comment