Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Oldest and youngest you | Du'a Ammar bin Yasir

Bismillah.

It's mid-week already. It's easy to get sucked into the daily chores and treat today as just another day. Then, I saw this quote below. That "today" must be made as the best day there is, it's not just another day,





The full version says:

"Today is the oldest you have ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again. So live life to the fullest today and have no regrets."

Hmm... I thought we should naturally have regrets, for certain deeds, as a way of muhasabah.

Anyway, it's good to reflect on a daily basis of the fact that today is the oldest we have ever been and the youngest we'll ever be again. It's kinda sad to think about it, isn't it? But, seize the day we must, and make it our personal best.

And this beautiful dua' which Ammar bin Yasir heard from Prophet salallah alaihi wasalam is one du'a which could help us live life to the fullest for as long as He knows life is good for us. It's one du'a I intend to memorize, next. 

"O Allah, I ask You through Your knowledge of the unseen and Your power over the creation,
give me life as long as You know life is good for me,
give me death as long as You know death is good for me
O Allah, I ask You for fear of You, in open and in secret
O Allah, bless me with true speech whether I am happy or angry
O Allah, I ask You for Your blessings that never finishes
O Allah, I ask You for joy/coolness of the eyes that never ceases
O Allah, I ask You for contentment with destiny 
and for ease of life after death
O Allah, I ask You for the joy/sweetness of looking at Your face
and an eagerness to meet You
O Allah, I seek refuge in You from hardship that harms
and tribulations that misguide
O Allah, adorn us with the raiment of faith
O Allah, make us of those guided and guiding."

[Amin Ya Rabb]

Reference:
  

No comments:

Post a Comment