Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Faith 101 | Enter by the Gate of Truth and Honor

Bismillah.

Yeah...there are one hundred and one things to think about and do, these days. Yup, it's the 101st day of the year. I love counting the days this year somehow as I try to post some positive words on a daily basis, it's my own small weird way to make the days count, bi iznillah.

If you are familiar with the American education system, you'll know 101 is the course code used in American universities for any introductory courses meant for beginners e.g Psychology 101, Economics 101.  

What would constitute Faith 101 in regards to the Islamic teachings, lemme think? It must be an overview course of Fard al-Ain. I am not an ustazah, so don't take me seriously. LOL.

But in my opinion, the four verses I came across on page 290 of the Quran should be in "Faith 101". To be frank, I am being "selfish" here as I purposely create this posting to remind myself of some important takeaway from my Quran Recital Lesson last night. I have reached Surah Maryam in Part 16, by the way, YaHuuu! [And some of the critics thought I was a hopeless Muslim. Should I be bothered by their remarks or should I accept the compliments from my Quran teacher? LOL.]

Yes, verse 78, 79, 80 and 81 of Surah Al-Isra' should be emphasized in a "101" introductory course and not be regarded as some kind of advanced skill that only the experts or the brave should attempt.
  
78. Establish regular prayers at the sun's decline till the darkness of the night, and the morning prayer and reading: for the prayer and reading in the morning carry their testimony.

79. And pray in the small watches of the morning (it would be) an additional prayer (or spiritual profit) for thee: soon will thy Lord raise thee to a Station of Praise and Glory.

80. Say: "O my Lord! Let my entry be by the Gate of Truth and Honor, and likewise my exit by the Gate of Truth and Honor, and grant me from Thy Presence an authority to aid (me)."

81. And say: "Truth has (now) arrived and falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish.

***

Of course, many of you readers who are "advanced Muslims" are familiar with Tahajud prayers and the recommended du'a.

Personally, for me, I got excited at "meeting" verse 81 of Surah Al Isra last nightbecause it's one of my FQA - frequently quoted ayah. [Ayah = a verse of the Quran].

And my FAQ to myself lately is: would I be able to finish the Quran lesson before Ramadan? LOL. Two lessons a week, sometimes just one lesson when ustaz/I have to be away. Read/learn about one juzuk per lesson, there are about 7 weeks to go before Ramadan. Gosh, the race is on!

Ahh...some of the spy-readers of this blog might be thinking at this very moment: "Eza is bragging about the seemingly good things she does." 

Walt Whitman (1819-1892), an American poet/essayist/journalist/humanist says:




Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah.
: D

p/s
Chances are, today, I beat the spy-readers and the roosters at pre-dawnLet's compete again tomorrow - fastabiqul khairat!

Salam Subuh!
May we enter the day by the gate of truth and honor.



No comments:

Post a Comment