Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Mid-way | Middle path

Bismillah.

Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah, I am such a weak erring servant of Allah yet He is kind to guide my tongue and facilitate my reading of the Quran. With supervision and guidance from my Tajweed teacher, I have come halfway to the middle of the Holy Book, that is Juz/Part 15.

During lesson no. 28, tonight, the ustaz paused to emphasize the importance of being "in the middle" in reference to verse 29 of Surah Al Isra: "Do not keep your hand tied to your neck, nor extend it to the full extent, lest you should be sitting reproached empty handed." You all know this verse I am sure. It's about not being too stingy nor too generous.

Hmm...we all struggle to perform a balancing act between any two extremes, any, not just in relation to spending. I am a Libra, but I think Librans simply do not exist. LOL. I mean who could constantly strike a perfect balance? Continually, maybe. There must be a prize for those who could do it.




p/s
Maybe I should buy a scarf tomorrow, to reward myself for having reached Part 15.
: D

p/s
I hope you like all the posters I have created for this blog. My self-imposed KPI is to create fresh contents, find something good every day and say it. We will never have this day again, so make it count!


No comments:

Post a Comment