Thursday, July 20, 2017

Do

Bismillah.

How are you doing folks?

Am good, Alhamdulillah, keeping my productivity level up and progressing well.
Hope you are too : )

Gotta praise Allah for giving us good health and the capacity to use our brain. Yeah, keep those neurons active and connected. One of the good ways to exercise our brain cells is by reading the Quran. It's a good habit we (me especially) have to work at continually or we run the risk of going senile prematurely LOL.

To be honest, I am feeling kinda sad cos my Quran lesson would be over soon cos I have reached chapter 24 already. With the guide of my ever so skillful teacher, I do 18 pages per lesson. Alhamdulillah. But all good things must come to an end. It's going to be up to me to continue the recital practices on my own. That's how it is. We have to be more concerned with what we do ourselves, think of ourselves, our progress, than what others think about us. It's a solo game, period.

When I encountered the heart of the Quran (Surah Yaasin) during the lesson, I had mixed feelings. It's like discovering a person's heart, something most people hide and only reveal to a special person. You will have to go through some challenges before it's finally shown.

I just hope this sharing about my personal journey of faith would encourage you our young readers to not neglect a simple yet extremely powerful habit of reading the Holy Book on a regular basis. We all have to push ourselves. Life is not just about having fun aimlessly, there's time for study, time for work, time for housekeeping and there's time to chill.  

Here's a reminder for me and you. It's from Steve Keating's Twitter.
"Good intentions have never accomplished a thing. Only doing gets something done."

Let's go.
Let's do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment