Thursday, September 14, 2017

Motherly compassion | Great women

Bismillah.

Alhamdulillah wa shukrulillah for my mother.
Alhamdulillah for the opportunity to serve her in my own [small] ways.

Today is one of many special days for her.
I humbly ask you my friends, genuine readers, and sincere-hearted visitors of this blog, to please say a prayer for my mother, one Virgo girl who is always on the go and keeps going strong through the years. Alhamdulillah.

For the degree of gratitude that I have for this blessing, I pray Allah will continue to grant her good health, abundant of provisions, and everlasting happiness in this world and beyond. Aameen.



Some people thought my writings came across as witty.
I think I got it from her.
LOL.

Some people thought I've got a good dress sense.
I think I got it from her.

Someone who is slightly older than me said she should carry a cross-body sling bag now before she gets "too old" for it. I told her, my mother is pushing 80 and she could pull it off pretty stylishly : )

When I was 27, I took her for our first umrah and I remembered there was one incident amidst an uncontrolled crowd, we had left our sandals near Raudhah. I pray we both would get to the real Raudhah to reclaim our placement. Aameen.

Thank you, Allah, for my mother.

***

Today the 14th of September is also a significant day for Muslim women in this region especially, as we witnessed the inauguration of the first [Muslim] woman as the 8th President of Singapore. Madam Halimah Yacob, 63, ventured into politics 16 years ago as Member of Parliament before becoming Singapore's first female Speaker of Parliament from 2013 to 2017. One thing that has impressed many people most is her insistence to remain at her flat instead of moving out to the grand palatial residence reserved for the President. Let's hope more Singaporean women would be as humble as their President, not a snob, but as one who exudes an air of dignity, effortlessly : )


http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/halimah-yacob-sworn-in-as-singapore-s-8th-president-9216250


p/s
Sis Julia: You are one of the few praiseworthy Singaporeans I know : )

No comments:

Post a Comment