Wednesday, November 8, 2017

140 to 280 | 2018

Bismillah.

Today, someone is giving us a chance to say more, to say twice the amount. You know who. It's Mr Twitter. Of course, we all know Mr Twitter is not forcing anyone to tweet 280 characters. They are just giving us a chance to say/write a little bit longer on their platform. Should anyone wish to write longer than 280, they should try blogging. That's a no-brainer.

Imagine if you have spoken to someone about something, perhaps a confession, perhaps about a painful fact, perhaps about a good news, then the recipient party says, go on say more. What would you say? Of course, it's no big deal, maximum word-count can't be taken too seriously except for dissertations or exams methinks. Ah...that's it, up until "methinks" is 428 characters already. LOL.

If God were to limit our prayers to 280 characters come 2018, what prayers would you say?

I'd say: 
O God, I thank you for this gift of life, that I've been given the opportunity to smile and cry, so I know you are my Lord. My life revolves around Your gifts or the seemingly withholding of gifts. I'm grateful for every single day as I embrace it with hope for yet one more day. 

Hah...hah...that's 280 characters there.

I'm just excited about counting down to 2018.
What about you?

Perhaps we should recite 2,018 Alhamdulillah or Subhanallah or Surah Al Ikhlas or Hasbunallah wa nikmal wakil?

Let's.





    

No comments:

Post a Comment